IgG to 22 common foods tested
Accompanying the test
– 20-minute consult to discuss findings, next steps, and questions
– PDF of results in a bar graph, indicating mild, moderate, and severe sensitivity (see sample report 22)
– how-to recommendations for reducing/eliminating those on the list
– timeline for elimination and re-introduction
This is a patented, multi-pathway delayed food sensitivity test. The test uses new technology that measures both IgG and Immune Complexes (Complement fragments which is what generates the inflammation and resulting symptoms). These are the most common food-related pathways in the body. Other assays measure only IgG resulting in reduced sensitivity and incomplete results.
Food sensitivity reactions are termed delayed-type hypersensitivity (DTH) because the time between exposure to the antigen and display of symptoms is generally greater than 12 hours. For this reason, it can be a challenge to identify the trigger of symptoms from a food diary. This test of 22 antigens tests for Type II & III DTH. Results within 5-7 business days.
How is this test different from other IgG or food sensitivity tests?
– The FIT test developed by Dr. Dorval measures IgG/food immune complex, plus associated split-complement protein C3d
– The mechanism behind IgG/food immune complex-driven inflammation is centered around the activation of Complement (C3d, a series of proteins that induce the inflammatory response)
– Testing for Complement increases the reliability of IgG test results, and reduces the chances of false positives and negatives
Another way to determine food sensitivities (just as illuminating, though may be more costly and results are not known for 4-6 weeks), is to implement the Elimination Diet for a minimum of 21 days, and re-introduction of a single food every 1-2 days after the 21 day period for approximately another 2-3 weeks. Please inquire if you would like a personalized elimination diet food plan for you. This comes complete with 60+ recipes, tailored grocery shopping lists, weekly meal planner, guidelines, and references.
There are no reviews yet.